How to Select a Teaching Degree School near Safford 85546
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Safford AZ. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Options for Educators
Most of the available teaching positions in Safford AZ primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Safford AZ teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Licensing and Certification
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Safford AZ public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in Arizona or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Safford Arizona?
Perhaps you live near Safford AZ or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
Safford (Western Apache: Ichʼįʼ Nahiłtį́į́) is a city in Graham County, Arizona, United States. According to the 2010 Census, the population of the city is 9,566. The city is the county seat of Graham County.
Safford is located at 32°49′24″N 109°42′53″W / 32.82333°N 109.71472°W / 32.82333; -109.71472 (32.823266, -109.714613). The Pinaleno Mountains sit prominently to the southwest of town. The Pinalenos have the greatest vertical relief of any mountain range in Arizona.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 8.6 square miles (22 km2), of which, 8.6 square miles (22 km2) of it is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) of it (0.18%) is water.
Questions to Ask Teacher Degree Programs
Prior to selecting a teacher degree college to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Safford AZ. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited teacher school not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the Arizona Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by Arizona or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Enroll in the Right Teacher Degree Program near Safford Arizona
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Safford AZ.
More Interesting Locations in Arizona
Business Results 1 - 10 of 4
Bing: Arizona Education Degrees Search results
John McCain - Wikipedia
John Sidney McCain III (August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018) was an American politician and United States Navy officer who served as a United States senator from Arizona from 1987 until his death in 2018. He previously served two terms in the United States House of Representatives and was the Republican nominee for president of the United States in the 2008 election, which he lost to Barack Obama.
PhD in Education: Online Doctorate | UAGC | University of Arizona ...
The online doctorate in education includes 15 core courses in education and research, plus one elective research course, and a capstone seminar.The PhD program explores educational theories, practices, policies, strategies, and issues.The coursework leads up to your doctoral dissertation, which includes two dissertation planning courses as well as five units of the dissertation course.
Online College Classes & Online Degree Programs | DeVry University
Online college classes offer students the flexibility to study at a time and place that works for you. In most courses, the syllabus is separated into 8 one-week increments, allowing you a full week to complete the work. Each class is taught in our online course platform by a professor who is experienced in their field of study and allows for plenty of peer interaction.
2022 Best Online MBA Programs - US News
The application deadline for the online MBA programs at Arizona State University (Carey), a public school, is July 1. One hundred percent of students are already employed when they first enroll ...
AOL - Finance News & Latest Business Headlines - AOL.com
Get breaking Finance news and the latest business articles from AOL. From stock market news to jobs and real estate, it can all be found here.
Online Degree Programs: Online Degrees - UAGC - University of Arizona ...
The University of Arizona Global Campus does not discriminate in its education programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, political activities and affiliations, age, disability, sexual ...
Online Graduate Degrees - University of Arizona
Learn about the University of Arizona’s flexible and affordable online graduate degrees. Advance your career and reach your goals in as few as 12-15 months by pursuing an online master’s degree in education, an online computer science master’s degree Read More or one of our other many online graduate programs. Master’s degrees prepare you for a future in a field you are passionate ...
Education: Starbucks Coffee Company
We’re committed to the success of our partners (employees). Every eligible U.S. partner working part- or full-time receives 100% tuition coverage for a first-time bachelor’s degree through Arizona State University’s online program. Choose from over 100 diverse undergraduate degree programs, and have our support every step of the way.
University of Arizona Online | Top-Ranked Online Degrees
At the University of Arizona Online, you earn the same degree as on-campus students. Ranked #7 Best Online Bachelor's Program by US News. Apply today and get a top-ranked education.
Fast Facts: Back-to-school statistics (372) - National Center for ...
PK–12 EDUCATION. Enrollment. How many students attended school in recent years? In fall 2021, about 49.5 million students were enrolled in public schools in prekindergarten to grade 12, including ungraded students ().Please note, these data are preliminary and are meant to provide readers with a timely release of basic enrollment estimates.