How to Select an Education Degree College near Tuba City 86045
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Tuba City AZ. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Options for Teachers
Most of the available teaching positions in Tuba City AZ primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Tuba City AZ teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Licensing and Certification
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Tuba City AZ public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in Arizona or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Tuba City Arizona?
Perhaps you live near Tuba City AZ or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
Tuba City, Arizona
Tuba City (Navajo: Tó Naneesdizí) is an unincorporated town in Coconino County, Arizona, on Navajo lands, in the United States. It is the second-largest community in Coconino County. The population of the census-designated place (CDP) was 8,611 at the 2010 census. It is the Navajo Nation's largest community, slightly larger than Shiprock, New Mexico, and the headquarters of the Western Navajo Agency. The Hopi village of Moenkopi lies directly to its southeast.
The name of the town honors Tuuvi, a Hopi man from Oraibi who converted to Mormonism. The Navajo name for Tuba City, Tó Naneesdizí translates as "tangled waters", which probably refers to the many below-ground springs that are the source of several reservoirs.
Tuba City is located within the Painted Desert near the western edge of the Navajo Nation. The town is situated on U.S. Route 160, near the junction with Arizona State Route 264. Tuba City is located about 50 miles (80 km) from the eastern entrance to Grand Canyon National Park. Most of Tuba City's residents are Navajo, with a small Hopi minority. It is located within Arizona's 1st Congressional District, currently represented by Tom O'Halleran.
Questions to Ask Teacher Education Schools
Prior to selecting a education degree school to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Tuba City AZ. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited education program not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the Arizona Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by Arizona or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Enroll in the Right Teacher Degree Program near Tuba City Arizona
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Tuba City AZ.
More Interesting Locations in Arizona
Bing: Arizona Education Degrees Search results
Online Graduate Degrees - University of Arizona
Learn about the University of Arizona’s flexible and affordable online graduate degrees. Advance your career and reach your goals in as few as 12-15 months by pursuing an online master’s degree in education, an online computer science master’s degree Read More or one of our other many online graduate programs. Master’s degrees prepare you for a future in a field you are passionate ...
Bachelor's Degrees Online - University of Arizona Global Campus
The University of Arizona Global Campus is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 1001 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 402, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is an institutional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED) and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation ...
Education Funding and Budget | Arizona Education Association
3 Degrees Not Debt Toolkit; ... With more than 20,000 members, the Arizona Education Association (AEA) is the largest professional association for public school employees in Arizona. AEA members are teachers, community college professors, counselors, speech pathologists, bus drivers, secretaries, retired educators and student teachers and they ...
Northern Arizona University | Online, Bachelor’s, Graduate | NAU
Graduate student Frank Telles has more hands-on knowledge about science, technology, engineering, and math education than most people. With multiple degrees and nearly 17 years of experience teaching science to students across the globe, he’s settling down at NAU to advance his education.
University of Arizona Online | Top-Ranked Online Degrees
At the University of Arizona Online, you earn the same degree as on-campus students. Ranked #7 Best Online Bachelor's Program by US News. Apply today and get a top-ranked education.
U.S. News: Breaking News Photos, & Videos on the United States - NBC News
Find the latest U.S. news stories, photos, and videos on NBCNews.com. Read breaking headlines covering politics, economics, pop culture, and more.
Online Business Degree Program | University of Phoenix
See all bachelor’s education degrees; See all master’s education degrees; Online business degrees A business degree could be a career changer. Our online business degrees prepare you for your next step in your business goals, from launching your own company as an entrepreneur to developing the next-level skills you need to excel in your ...
Online Degree Programs | ASU Online - Arizona State University
Learn more about our online bachelor’s degrees and college minors. Filters. Degree type. Areas of interest. College. Filters Step 1 of 2. Get started today. To learn more about ASU Online or a specific program, fill out the form below and check your email for information on next steps. ... high-quality online education to Sun Devils from ...
College of Education - Online Education Degrees | GCU
Choosing one of Grand Canyon University’s (GCU) education degrees affords you the firm foundation needed to shape tomorrow’s future. Implement strategies that help you think more critically and prepare you for an enriching career with an undergraduate degree in education.. Integrate philosophy with real-world knowledge within one of our master’s in education degree programs.
Fast Facts: Back-to-school statistics (372) - National Center for ...
PK–12 EDUCATION. Enrollment. How many students attended school in recent years? In fall 2021, about 49.5 million students were enrolled in public schools in prekindergarten to grade 12, including ungraded students ().Please note, these data are preliminary and are meant to provide readers with a timely release of basic enrollment estimates.