How to Pick a Teaching Degree School near Wikieup 85360
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Wikieup AZ. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Options for Educators
Most of the available teaching positions in Wikieup AZ primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Wikieup AZ teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Licensing and Certification
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Wikieup AZ public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in Arizona or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Wikieup Arizona?
Perhaps you live near Wikieup AZ or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
The settlement was established in 1977, located 100 miles northwest of Phoenix Arizona, and roughly 20 miles south of Wikieup, the "rattlesnake capital of Arizona." It is west of Bagdad at milepost 148½ on U.S. Route 93 (the Joshua Forest Scenic Parkway) between Wickenburg and Kingman, on the route from Las Vegas to Phoenix.
Nothing was abandoned by May 2005, and by August 2008, the gas station was beginning to collapse. An attempted revival of Nothing occurred at some time after August 2008 when Nothing was purchased by Mike Jensen. By April 2009, Jensen had opened his pizza business, run from a portable oven, with hopes of reopening the mini-mart and creating accommodations for RVs.
In 2016, Century 21 Real Estate ran a "Give Dad Nothing" promotion where a free 24 hour lease to a piece of property at Nothing, Arizona could be secured for June 19, 2016 (Father's Day) only. The promotion was done with the participation of the current property owner and included a downloadable "Certificate of Nothing" and gift card.
Questions to Ask Teacher Degree Programs
Prior to selecting a teaching degree program to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Wikieup AZ. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited teacher program not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the Arizona Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by Arizona or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Choose the Right Teacher Degree Program near Wikieup Arizona
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Wikieup AZ.
More Interesting Locations in Arizona
Bing: Arizona Teacher Degrees Search results
How Bad Is the Teacher Shortage? Depends Where You Live.
More on U.S. Schools and Education. Curriculum Wars: According to a new survey, most Americans are satisfied with their local schools.But one issue remains divisive: teaching children about gender ...
Teaching Careers Guide of 2022 - Teacher Certification Degrees
According to PayScale, the average K-12 teacher salary was about $49,210 as of January 2021 and for the most part, average teacher salaries have maintained pace with inflation since the early 1990s. 1 All public school teachers must have a degree and be certified or licensed by the state in which they teach.
Rural Teacher Prep Program Delivers ‘Job-Embedded’ Degrees — For $75 a ...
Updated, Oct. 12 Working in a region of rural Arkansas long plagued by teacher shortages, Eveon Rivers seems like the perfect candidate to lead a classroom. With 18 years of pre-K teaching experience, she knows how to work with young people. And a self-described “Greek mythology person,” she has a passion for high school history […]
Coursera Online Course Catalog by Topic and Skill | Coursera
Choose from hundreds of free courses or pay to earn a Course or Specialization Certificate. Explore our catalog of online degrees, certificates, Specializations, & MOOCs in data science, computer science, business, health, and dozens of other topics.
Arizona Teacher Certification and Licensing Guide 2022
Visit the Arizona Department of Education for further details on Arizona teacher certification. Arizona Teacher Outlook, Salary, and Jobs. There are about 2,309 public schools in Arizona, with an estimated 1,123,137 K-12 students enrolled in public schools during the 2016-2017 school year. 3 3
Classroom Resources - National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
When students become active doers of mathematics, the greatest gains of their mathematical thinking can be realized. Both members and non-members can engage with resources to support the implementation of the Notice and Wonder strategy on this webpage.
Online Business Degree Program | University of Phoenix
With our online business degrees you’ll take one course at a time, so you can focus on one subject while balancing life, work, and school. Courses are taught by professionals with years of real-world experience, providing you crucial insights you can apply to your career every day.
AOL - Finance News & Latest Business Headlines - AOL.com
Teacher shortage is ‘the worst I’ve ever seen’ The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) found that 79% of preK-12 grade educators are dissatisfied with their jobs. careers
North County - The San Diego Union-Tribune
News from San Diego's North County, covering Oceanside, Escondido, Encinitas, Vista, San Marcos, Solana Beach, Del Mar and Fallbrook.
EDUCATION | Fox News
Texas teacher, staffers accused of denying food to special needs student who ate his own feces. ... See how these Americans feel about their college degrees after graduating. 0:04:57.