How to Pick a Teacher Degree Program near Wiseman 72587
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Wiseman AR. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Programs for Teachers
Most of the available teaching positions in Wiseman AR primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Wiseman AR teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Certification and Licensing
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Wiseman AR public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in Arkansas or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Wiseman Arkansas?
Perhaps you live near Wiseman AR or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
What to Ask Teacher Education Programs
Prior to selecting a teacher degree program to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Wiseman AR. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited education program not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the Arkansas Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by Arkansas or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Select the Right Education Degree Program near Wiseman Arkansas
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Wiseman AR.
More Interesting Locations in Arkansas
Bing: Arkansas Teacher Degrees Search results
Arkansas Board of Examiners in Couseling
Rules & Codes of Ethics The enabling legislation of the Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling is codified at Arkansas Code Annotated §17-27—101 et seq. and it provides for the licensure and regulation of Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists; and the individuals who are allowed to use the titles “licensed professional counselor”, “licensed associate counselor ...
Best Colleges for Education Majors in 2022 - Teacher Certification Degrees
Harvard University’s Graduate School of Education (HGSE) has been in existence for nearly 100 years. HGSE offers students an array of degree programs including 13 distinct master’s degrees, three doctoral degrees, and several professional education programs. The school had just under 1,000 degree-seeking students in the 2013-2014 academic year.
PlayStation userbase "significantly larger" than Xbox even if every COD ...
Microsoft has responded to a list of concerns regarding its ongoing $68bn attempt to buy Activision Blizzard, as raised by the UK's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), and come up with an ...
Arkansas State University Queretaro | Free Your Inner Wolf
Arkansas State University Campus Querétaro would like to congratulate Dr. María Montserrat Juárez (Associate Professor of Physics and ... are usually based on roles which teachers and students must fulfill with the teacher overseeing the student´s entire educational process. A teacher´s. Read More WHAT IS A MINOR? ... Academic Degrees ...
Latest Breaking News, Headlines & Updates | National Post
Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Get information on latest national and international events & more.
National Education Association | NEA
The National Education Association (NEA) is more than 3 million people—educators, students, activists, workers, parents, neighbors, friends—who believe in opportunity for all students and in the power of public education to transform lives and create a more just and inclusive society.
Degrees & Programs | Arkansas Tech University
Browse the 150+ majors and programs of study at ATU. A degree from ATU will give you the knowledge and experience to stand out in your career field.
Teacher Salary by State - Study.com
Arkansas: 35,201: 48,090: 39,313: 47,765: 53,780: ... Teacher salaries increase over time as teachers learn their crafts ... to research schools and degrees and to help you achieve your ...
University of Central Arkansas - Wikipedia
The University of Central Arkansas (Central Arkansas or UCA) is a public university in Conway, Arkansas.Founded in 1907 as the Arkansas State Normal School, the university is one of the oldest in the U.S. state of Arkansas. As the state's only normal school at the time, UCA has historically been the primary source of teachers in Arkansas. UCA is noted for programs in nursing, education ...
U.S. News: Breaking News Photos, & Videos on the United States - NBC News
Find the latest U.S. news stories, photos, and videos on NBCNews.com. Read breaking headlines covering politics, economics, pop culture, and more.