How to Select an Education Degree Program near Pinecrest 95364
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Pinecrest CA. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Programs for Educators
Most of the available teaching positions in Pinecrest CA primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Pinecrest CA teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Certification and Licensing
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Pinecrest CA public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in California or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Pinecrest California?
Perhaps you live near Pinecrest CA or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
Pinecrest Public School
Pinecrest Public School was built in 1961. The facilities include large, bright classrooms, two gymnasiums, a library, an art room, music room, a remodeled science room, a Design and Tech Room, a computer lab and two reading nooks. The schoolyard is used by grade 7-8 students for intramural/ sports activities and general play. The school has undergone renovations to the telephone, fire alarm and air conditioning/ heating system and added new play structures, basketball courts, and an upgraded multi-level soccer area. In addition, the front office was refurbished. The student support services include: custodians, Multicultural Liaison Officer, School Resource Police Officer, educational assistants and board specialists.
Pinecrest was the subject of a CBC Television documentary, The Pinecrest Diaries, featuring the work of Principal Charles Austin and his team of teachers: Jeremy Hannay, Laurel Piper-Tye and others. Pinecrest was part of another CBC Television Documentary called, Run Run Revolution this production followed 10 students, Bruce Hubbard, the Principal and coaches invited to the school to train for the children's portion of the Boston Marathon.
Questions to Ask Teacher Education Schools
Prior to selecting a teaching degree college to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Pinecrest CA. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited teacher college not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the California Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by California or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Choose the Right Education Degree Program near Pinecrest California
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Pinecrest CA.
More Interesting Locations in California
Business Results 1 - 10 of 11
Bing: California Teacher Degrees Search results
California - Wikipedia
California is a state in the Western United States, located along the Pacific Coast. With nearly 39.2 million residents  across a total area of approximately 163,696 square miles (423,970 km 2 ),  it is the most populous U.S. state and the third-largest by area. It is also the most populated subnational entity in North America and the ...
California | Flag, Facts, Maps, Capital, Cities, & Destinations
California, constituent state of the United States of America. It was admitted as the 31st state of the union on September 9, 1850, and by the early 1960s it was the most populous U.S. state.
Government | www.ca.gov - California
The California Legislature has two branches, the State Assembly and the Senate. The Legislature vote on state laws and draft legislation. Visit the Legislature's Website JUDICIAL The judicial branch includes the California Supreme Court and all the lower courts in the state, and it interprets and applies laws at state and local levels.
Welcome to the Visit California Homepage
Find things to do, places to visit, and experiences to explore at Visit California, the Golden State’s official tourism site. Learn about national parks, hotels, restaurants, beaches, mountains, cities, and more.
www.ca.gov | California State Portal
California has been hit with devastating wildfires and other natural disasters in both the northern and southern parts of the state. If you need more information about recovery or resources visit the following resources: Emergency Services Wild Fire Recovery Disaster Assistance
California - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
California, officially the State of California, is a state in the western part of the United States, along the Pacific Ocean. It is the third biggest US state by land area (after Alaska and Texas) with 163,696 square mi (423,970 km 2). It has more people than any other state with over 39 million people as of 2019. It also has more people than ...
California mass killings. 44 hours. 19 dead. | CNN
Forty-four hours in America. Three mass shootings. Nineteen lives wiped out. All in California. The victims in suburban Monterey Park included people between the ages of 57 and 76, ringing in the ...
‘Simply too many guns’: four mass shootings leave California reeling ...
California, the largest US state and one of the world’s biggest economies, also has the country’s strictest gun laws. In 1989, it became the first state in the nation to ban military-style...
A Mass Shooting in California Targeted an Entire Family
Jan. 25, 2023 GOSHEN, Calif. — In the wee hours of Jan. 16, a pair of intruders broke into a gray house in a gritty little town in California’s San Joaquin Valley. Six people inside were quickly...
California Maps & Facts - World Atlas
The State of California is located in the western (Pacific) region of the United States. California is bordered by the state of Oregon in the north, by Nevada and Arizona in the east, and by the Mexican state of Baja California in the south. It is also bounded by the Pacific Ocean in the west. Regional Maps: Map of North America