How to Pick a Teaching Degree Program near Bennett 80102
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Bennett CO. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Options for Educators
Most of the available teaching positions in Bennett CO primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Bennett CO teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Certification and Licensing
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Bennett CO public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in Colorado or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Bennett Colorado?
Perhaps you live near Bennett CO or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
Haley Loraine Keeling (born January 7, 1988), known professionally as Haley Bennett, is an American actress and singer. She made her film debut as pop star Cora Corman in the romantic comedy Music and Lyrics (2007) and has since appeared in the films The Haunting of Molly Hartley (2008), College (2008), The Hole (2009), Kaboom (2010), The Equalizer (2014), Kristy (2014), Hardcore Henry (2015), The Magnificent Seven (2016), The Girl on the Train (2016) and Thank You for Your Service (2017).
Bennett's parents, Leilani (née Dorsey Bennett) and Ronald Keeling, met in church and hitchhiked to Florida while Leilani was pregnant with her. She is of English, Scottish, Irish, German and Lithuanian descent. Bennett was born in Fort Myers, Florida and raised in Naples, Florida. Her parents divorced when Bennett was six and she moved to Ohio with her father, who opened an automobile repair shop. They moved regularly around the state, with Bennett saying: "there was no time when I lived anywhere longer than two years. I was always a social outcast. Maybe I didn't care what people thought because I [thought], 'Well, I probably won't stick around here for too long'."
Bennett describes her childhood as "nomadic", as she moved between living with her father in Ohio and her mother in Florida: "I lived somewhat of a nomadic life even when I lived in Ohio. We spent time in rural areas, in suburban areas, never really city areas. We rode four-wheelers. We had pigs and ferrets. And creeks. We had a creek in my backyard. It was like Huckleberry Finn... I was kind of a tomboy for awhile. It's tough to explain because I grew up with my mom and my dad simultaneously but separately because they weren't together. So I kind of get femininity from my mother and boyishness from my dad. He loved fishing, he loves hunting, he loves boating, and football, baseball, and basketball. So that really saturated my life. And then my mother was very soft and also strong, but more of an artist. So I kind of had the best of both worlds."
What to Ask Teacher Education Programs
Prior to selecting a education degree school to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Bennett CO. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited teacher program not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the Colorado Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by Colorado or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Choose the Right Education Degree School near Bennett Colorado
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Bennett CO.
More Interesting Locations in Colorado
Business Results 1 - 10 of 130
Bing: Colorado Education Degrees Search results
School of Education | University of Colorado Boulder
Our mission in the University of Colorado Boulder School of Education is grounded in a lived commitment to democracy, diversity, equity, and justice. We offer cutting-edge, engaging teacher preparation, innovative undergraduate programs, and Colorado's top-ranked graduate education program. Join us as we seek to transform the future of education and address some of the most pressing challenges ...
Special Education Guide | Resources for Parents and Instructors
Parents and teachers of children age 3 to 18 can go to our Pre-K to 12 section to learn what to expect, with a review of the special education process and detailed accounts of how schools develop individualized education programs (IEP) and response to intervention (RTI) plans for students. We also help parents and educators use assessments and observations to develop effective action plans to ...
CBS Colorado - Breaking News, Sports, First Alert Weather & Community ...
The high country will see heavy snow and low visibility, but even the metro area will see temperatures around or under 20 degrees and gusts of up to 45 mph. Denver can see 2 to 5 inches of snow ...
Home | Higher Education - Colorado
Degrees Offered; Admissions Eligibility; Financial Aid for Students; Attending College. Get Credit for What You Already Know; Credit Transfer; Military Deployment; ... Colorado Department of Higher Education 1600 Broadway, Suite 2200 Denver, CO 80202. Main: (303) 862-3001 Fax: (303) 996-1329.
Programs & Degrees - Colorado Mountain College
Explore Colorado Mountain College programs and degrees: Bachelor's degrees plus 125 more degrees and certificates. See the complete list. Request Info ... Education, Education, Teacher, Teaching, Elementary Teacher Education, Bachelors, Bachelor's, BAIS, Education ...
Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El - University of Colorado Colorado ...
UCCS is home to more than 12,000 driven students and over 800 experienced faculty members. Choose from more than 100 options within 50 undergraduate, 24 graduate, and seven doctoral degrees. Take a virtual tour and explore programs and opportunities to support you in your college-decision journey.
EzineArticles Submission - Submit Your Best Quality Original Articles ...
EzineArticles.com allows expert authors in hundreds of niche fields to get massive levels of exposure in exchange for the submission of their quality original articles.
2022 Colorado Free Application Days (Oct. 18-20, 2022) | Higher Education
To inspire more Coloradans to continue their education, all 32 public colleges and universities in Colorado and several private institutions allow students to apply for free on Tuesday, Oct. 18 - Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022 as part of the fifth annual Colorado Free Application Day$. Colorado Free Application Day$ caps off Colorado Applies Month, a five-week campaign that guides 11th- and 12-grade ...
Guaranteed Transfer (GT) Pathways General Education Curriculum - Colorado
GT Pathways courses, in which the student earns a C- or higher, will always transfer and apply to GT Pathways requirements in AA, AS and most bachelor's degrees at every public Colorado college and university. GT Pathways does not apply to some degrees (such as many engineering, computer science, nursing and others listed here). You should ...
U.S. News: Breaking News Photos, & Videos on the United States - NBC News
Find the latest U.S. news stories, photos, and videos on NBCNews.com. Read breaking headlines covering politics, economics, pop culture, and more.