How to Choose a Teaching Degree College near Wiggins 80654
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Wiggins CO. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Options for Educators
Most of the available teaching positions in Wiggins CO primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Wiggins CO teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Licensing and Certification
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Wiggins CO public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in Colorado or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Wiggins Colorado?
Perhaps you live near Wiggins CO or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
In 2014, Wiggins made his feature film debut as the lead role of Jacob Wilson in the drama Hellion with Aaron Paul and Juliette Lewis, and directed by Kat Candler. The film premiered at Sundance Film Festival on January 17, 2014, and released domestically on June 13, 2014. His performance in the film was praised by several critics.
In 2015, Wiggins starred as Justin Wincott in the adventure drama Max with Dejon LaQuake, Thomas Haden Church and Robbie Amell, about Max, a dog starring as the titular role. The film was directed by Boaz Yakin and released domestically on June 26, 2015, by Warner Bros. Pictures.
Questions to Ask Teacher Education Programs
Prior to selecting a education degree school to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Wiggins CO. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited education school not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the Colorado Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by Colorado or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Enroll in the Right Education Degree School near Wiggins Colorado
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Wiggins CO.
More Interesting Locations in Colorado
Business Results 1 - 10 of 2
Bing: Colorado Teacher Degrees Search results
Colorado State University Online | Online Masters & Bachelor Degrees
Colorado State University Online creates and delivers CSU's online programs, allowing students to earn a highly-respected advanced education from wherever they are. ... Online Undergraduate Degrees. Agricultural Business B.S. Anthropology B.A. ... M.Ed. and Teacher Licensure (Hybrid) Engineering Computer Systems Engineering Certificate ...
Online Graduate Degrees - Colorado State University
Colorado State University offers online master's & PhD degrees in engineering, agriculture, business, leadership, computer science, statistics, & more. ... View Matching Degrees . Master's Degrees Doctoral Degrees ... M.Ed. and Teacher Licensure (Hybrid) Engineering
Online Teacher Licensure Program Colorado & M.Ed. | CSU Online
Earn your Colorado teacher licensure. Prepare for a career as a teacher with a master's degree in teaching and earn your teacher licensure. Colorado State University's coursework will allow you to: Obtain strong pedagogical skills. Develop a deeper understanding of effective theories of learning.
To fill teacher jobs, community colleges offer new degrees
The expansion comes at a good time: Teacher shortages have worsened in the past decade, and fewer undergraduates are going into teacher training programs. The number of people completing a teacher-education program declined by almost a third between the 2008-09 and 2018-19 academic years, according to a report in March from the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education.
Fast Facts: Teacher characteristics and trends (28)
1 Education specialist degrees or certificates are generally awarded for 1 year’s work beyond the master’s level. Includes certificate of advanced graduate studies. ... Pupil/Teacher Ratio. During the 1970s and early 1980s, public school enrollment decreased while the number of teachers generally increased. For public schools, the number of ...
AOL - Finance News & Latest Business Headlines - AOL.com
Get breaking Finance news and the latest business articles from AOL. From stock market news to jobs and real estate, it can all be found here.
Home | Higher Education - Colorado
The State of Colorado is committed to providing equitable access to our services to all Coloradans. Our ongoing accessibility effort works towards being in line with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1, level AA criteria.
Best Colleges for Education Majors in 2022 - Teacher Certification Degrees
Harvard University’s Graduate School of Education (HGSE) has been in existence for nearly 100 years. HGSE offers students an array of degree programs including 13 distinct master’s degrees, three doctoral degrees, and several professional education programs. The school had just under 1,000 degree-seeking students in the 2013-2014 academic year.
Welcome to Tribune Content Agency | Content Syndicate
CREATE A FOLLOWING Tribune Content Agency builds audience Our content engages millions of readers in 75 countries every day
U.S. News: Breaking News Photos, & Videos on the United States - NBC News
Find the latest U.S. news stories, photos, and videos on NBCNews.com. Read breaking headlines covering politics, economics, pop culture, and more.