How to Select an Education Degree College near Bethlehem 06751
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Bethlehem CT. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Programs for Educators
Most of the available teaching positions in Bethlehem CT primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Bethlehem CT teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Licensing and Certification
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Bethlehem CT public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in Connecticut or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Bethlehem Connecticut?
Perhaps you live near Bethlehem CT or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
Bethlehem is a town in Litchfield County, Connecticut, United States. The population was 3,422 at the 2000 census. The town center was designated in the 2000 census as a census-designated place (CDP).
The town's name has prompted thousands of visitors each December to mail their Christmas cards at the local post office in order to get a "Bethlehem" postmark. The post office also has nearly 100 Christmas-related stamps for customers to decorate their envelopes during the holiday season.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 19.7 square miles (51 km2), of which 19.4 square miles (50 km2) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) (1.53%) is water. The census-designated place (CDP) corresponding to the town center has a total area of 8.1 square miles (21 km2), of which 7.8 square miles (20 km2) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) (3.35%) is water.
What to Ask Teacher Education Programs
Prior to selecting a education degree college to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Bethlehem CT. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited education school not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the Connecticut Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by Connecticut or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Enroll in the Right Teacher Degree School near Bethlehem Connecticut
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Bethlehem CT.
More Interesting Locations in Connecticut
Business Results 1 - 10 of 307
Bing: Connecticut Education Degrees Search results
ABC7 New York - NY News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather
New York's source for breaking news, weather and live video. Covering NYC, New Jersey, Long Island and all of the greater New York City area.
Online Teaching Degrees and Education Programs | WGU
Specific grade levels you are qualified to teach will vary depending on teaching certification in your state. Time: 61% of grads earned this science teaching degree within 31 months. Tuition: $3,575 per 6-month term, plus a one-time fee of $350 to cover the cost of an at-home science lab. Courses: 40 total courses in this program. Candidates for this online science teaching degree often include:
Online Degree Programs: Online Degrees - UAGC
The University of Arizona Global Campus does not discriminate in its education programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, political activities and affiliations, age, disability, sexual ...
Global Legal Chronicle – Global Legal Chronicle
The Sovereign Fund of Egypt and Egypt Education Platform’s Acquisition of Selah El Telmeez. Middle East. Middle East. Middle East Legal Chronicle; November 25, 2022 4. Infront Sports & Media’s Acquisition of Pico Media Moments. November 24, 2022 4. Sohar International Bank’s Merger With HSBC Bank Oman.
Eastern Connecticut State University - Degrees of Difference
Degrees of Difference. Learn More. Majors and Minors in Demand. Learn More ... Eastern Connecticut State University has been designated as a “Military Friendly” School for 2021-22. ... Graduate programs and continuing education opportunities are also available. Majors and Minors. Catalog. Graduate Programs. 40. Majors. 65. Minors. 60 ...
AOL - Finance News & Latest Business Headlines - AOL.com
Get breaking Finance news and the latest business articles from AOL. From stock market news to jobs and real estate, it can all be found here.
Best Colleges for Education Majors in 2022 - Teacher Certification Degrees
HGSE offers students an array of degree programs including 13 distinct master’s degrees, three doctoral degrees, and several professional education programs. The school had just under 1,000 degree-seeking students in the 2013-2014 academic year.
Chapter 952 - Penal Code: Offenses - Connecticut General Assembly
(a)(15) to replace provision re participation in anti-bias crime education program with provision re participation in anti-bias or diversity awareness program or program of community service designed to remedy damage caused by commission of bias crime or otherwise related to defendant's violation; P.A. 19-189 amended Subsec.
2022-2023 Best National Universities | US News Rankings
Schools in the National Universities category, such as the University of Texas at Austin and the University of Vermont, offer a full range of undergraduate majors, plus master's and doctoral programs.
U.S. News: Breaking News Photos, & Videos on the United States - NBC News
Find the latest U.S. news stories, photos, and videos on NBCNews.com. Read breaking headlines covering politics, economics, pop culture, and more.