How to Pick a Teacher Degree Program near Quaker Hill 06375
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Quaker Hill CT. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Options for Teachers
Most of the available teaching positions in Quaker Hill CT primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Quaker Hill CT teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Certification and Licensing
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Quaker Hill CT public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in Connecticut or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Quaker Hill Connecticut?
Perhaps you live near Quaker Hill CT or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
Quaker Hill, Connecticut
It is located in the northeast corner of the town, on the west bank of the Thames River (around Smith Cove) north of New London, and centered on the intersection of the Old Norwich Road and the Old Colchester Road.
The village center is included in the Quaker Hill Historic District, a historic district that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The historic district is the area around Old Norwich Road, extending as far south as the village of Thames View and as far north as Route 32.
Quaker Hill is the place name used for ZIP code 06375, which extends beyond Quaker Hill to encompass the entire northeastern portion of the town of Waterford, including Bartlett, Best View, Cohanzie, Harrisons and Thames View.
What to Ask Teacher Education Programs
Prior to selecting a teaching degree school to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Quaker Hill CT. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited education program not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the Connecticut Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by Connecticut or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Enroll in the Right Teacher Degree Program near Quaker Hill Connecticut
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Quaker Hill CT.
More Interesting Locations in Connecticut
Business Results 1 - 10 of 94
Bing: Connecticut Education Degrees Search results
Online Teaching Degrees and Education Programs | WGU
Specific grade levels you are qualified to teach will vary depending on teaching certification in your state. Time: 61% of grads earned this science teaching degree within 31 months. Tuition: $3,575 per 6-month term, plus a one-time fee of $350 to cover the cost of an at-home science lab. Courses: 40 total courses in this program. Candidates for this online science teaching degree often include:
Academic Degree Programs | Regent University
Degrees + Programs. Program Finder. All Degrees. Associate Degrees. Bachelor’s Degrees. Master’s Degrees. Doctoral/Post-Master’s Degrees. Juris Doctor Degree. Certificates. Online Degrees. Fields of Study. ... “I choose Regent for its professional thoughtful and approach to education, but what shaped me was the mentoring faculty and my ...
Best Colleges for Education Majors in 2022 - Teacher Certification Degrees
HGSE offers students an array of degree programs including 13 distinct master’s degrees, three doctoral degrees, and several professional education programs. The school had just under 1,000 degree-seeking students in the 2013-2014 academic year.
Careers in Teaching | List of Careers in Education
Required Education: Some states require a bachelor’s degree in special education, while others require a master’s degree in special education. All teachers must be licensed. Middle School Special Education Teacher. 2018 Yearly Salary (Median): $60,250; Career Growth Average and Estimates for 2018–2028: 2%–3% (6,800 jobs)
ABC7 New York - NY News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather
New York's source for breaking news, weather and live video. Covering NYC, New Jersey, Long Island and all of the greater New York City area.
Accredited Online Colleges | The Center for Online Education
Explore Online Degrees and Subjects. Choosing your field of study is the first step in your online education, a process that takes time, commitment, and energy. The online degree program you decide to pursue will affect your career path, income potential, and level of employment.
Special Education Guide | Resources for Parents and Instructors
Parents and teachers of children age 3 to 18 can go to our Pre-K to 12 section to learn what to expect, with a review of the special education process and detailed accounts of how schools develop individualized education programs (IEP) and response to intervention (RTI) plans for students. We also help parents and educators use assessments and observations to develop effective action plans to ...
Cvent Event Management Software Free Trial | Cvent
After you build your event and click the“Launch Event” button, you will be presented with your payment options. Our pay-as-you-go payment option consists of a per registration fee, a small percentage of revenue share, and a Cvent Payment Services fee should you decide to use our payment services.
Chapter 952 - Penal Code: Offenses - Connecticut General Assembly
(a)(15) to replace provision re participation in anti-bias crime education program with provision re participation in anti-bias or diversity awareness program or program of community service designed to remedy damage caused by commission of bias crime or otherwise related to defendant's violation; P.A. 19-189 amended Subsec.
U.S. News: Breaking News Photos, & Videos on the United States - NBC News
Find the latest U.S. news stories, photos, and videos on NBCNews.com. Read breaking headlines covering politics, economics, pop culture, and more.