How to Enroll in a Teaching Degree Program near Clayton 19938
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Clayton DE. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Options for Educators
Most of the available teaching positions in Clayton DE primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Clayton DE teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Certification and Licensing
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Clayton DE public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in Delaware or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Clayton Delaware?
Perhaps you live near Clayton DE or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
Clayton de Sousa Moreira
Clayton de Sousa Moreira (born 24 February 1988) is a Luxembourgian footballer who plays as a defender for F91 Dudelange in the Luxembourg National Division, and the Luxembourg national football team.
What to Ask Teacher Degree Programs
Prior to selecting a education degree college to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Clayton DE. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited teacher school not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the Delaware Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by Delaware or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Select the Right Teacher Degree Program near Clayton Delaware
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Clayton DE.
More Interesting Locations in Delaware
Business Results 1 - 10 of 45
Bing: Delaware Teacher Degrees Search results
Delaware Gov. John Carney tests positive for COVID-19
Delaware is the first state to launch legal sports betting since the Supreme Court decision. Expand. WILMINGTON, Del. - Delaware Gov. John Carney has tested positive for COVID-19. ...
Delaware - Wikipedia
Delaware occupies the northeastern portion of the Delmarva Peninsula and some islands and territory within the Delaware River. It is the second-smallest and sixth-least populous state, but also the sixth-most densely populated. Delaware's largest city is Wilmington, while the state capital is Dover, the second-largest city in the state.
Delaware Gov. Carney's spending plan: 5 things to know in his budget
Delaware businesses have a whopping 37,000 job openings, which is a number Carney said he has never seen in his decades of working in government. The tax policy aims to help middle-class...
Delaware Maps & Facts - World Atlas
Delaware is the second smallest state in the United States and it is in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US. Maryland borders Delaware to the north, Pennsylvania to the west and south, and New Jersey to the east. The total area of Delaware is 1,982 square miles—just a little larger than Rhode Island (which is only 1,214 square miles). The ratio of size-to-population makes Delaware one of the most densely populated states in America, with 989 thousand residents, as well as one of America's ...
Delaware.gov - Official Website of the State of Delaware
The Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) announced today updates to the Delaware Mortgage Relief Program. Eligible homeowners can now receive up to $50,000 in financial assistance, including future payments and non-delinquent mortgage payments.
Delaware | Flag, Facts, Maps, & Points of Interest | Britannica
Delaware, constituent state of the United States of America. The first of the original 13 states to ratify the federal Constitution, it occupies a small niche in the Boston–Washington, D.C., urban corridor along the Middle Atlantic seaboard. It ranks 49th among the 50 U.S. states in terms of total area and is one of the most densely populated.
Explore the State of Delaware | Visit Delaware
Explore the State of Delaware Moments of excitement, joy and relaxation await in Delaware. Whether it’s in the softness of a countryside vineyard, in a blossom-scented path along grand estates or being whisked away to a sun-splashed beach oasis, you can find experiences that spark a renewed sense of adventure and the moments we’ve been waiting for that bring us closer together.
26 Delaware nurses have licenses annulled connected to fraudulent ...
26 Delaware nurses have licenses annulled amid nursing diploma investigation "When we talk about a nurse's education, and credentials, shortcut is not a word we want to use," a U.S. Attorney said.
Delaware | State Facts & History - InfoPlease
Delaware is technically the incorporated home of 1 million corporations due to its tax codes. In terms of real, physical employers in the state, Delaware has a very large chemical industry. Delaware is the home of DuPont, the world's largest chemicals manufacturer. The state also houses one of the country's largest Air Force bases. Geography
History of Delaware - Wikipedia
Delaware was one of the Thirteen Colonies which revolted against British rule in the American Revolution. After the Revolution began in 1776, the three counties became "The Delaware State", and in 1776 that entity adopted its first constitution, declaring itself to be the "Delaware State". Its first governors went by the title of "President".