How to Choose an Education Degree Program near Seaford 19973
One of the most important decisions that you can make when entering the teaching profession is to choose the right teaching degree program near Seaford DE. And because it is such a critical decision, high school graduates or future graduates must carefully evaluate the schools they are interested in attending. It is not enough to base a decision on proximity to your residence or the cost of tuition, although these are relevant factors to take into consideration. There are other important questions that you must ask as well before choosing a school, which we will cover in detail later. Prospective teachers may consider a wide range of degree programs and training options to qualify for positions that provide various levels of education to both adolescents and adults. And in order to pursue a teaching position beyond the preschool level in the United States, teachers must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, and obtain state-issued certification or licensure. These are qualifications that we will also cover in more detail shortly. So first, let’s talk a little bit about the degree options that are available for aspiring educators.
Degree Options for Teachers
Most of the available teaching positions in Seaford DE primary and secondary schools require that applicants have earned at least a bachelor’s degree to qualify. However, an individual with an interest in an entry level teaching position may qualify with just a two-year Associates Degree. The opportunities would be mostly limited to pre-school teaching positions, or positions as a teacher’s aide or a child care worker. Following are some brief descriptions of the opportunities available for education graduates with higher degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree. As previously mentioned, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required in order to teach kindergarten through the 12th Most Bachelor’s Degree programs for future educators require an internship to gain practical experience in the field.
- Master’s Degree. There are two primary options available for a teaching degree, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and the Master’s in Education (M.Ed). The MAT is geared more towards those who desire a hands on teaching experience, while the M.Ed is for those with an interest in working for the education system outside of the classroom, for example in Administration.
- Doctorate Degree. The highest degree that an educator can earn within his or her field is a Doctor of Education or a Ph.D. in Education, which is a qualification to pursue employment in academia, research, and high-level administration jobs.
Although most teaching positions in the U.S. only require an applicant to possess a four-year degree, some Seaford DE teachers pursue a master’s or even a doctorate degree in order to acquire a greater understanding of teaching, or to qualify for higher-paying jobs such as administrative positions. They may even pursue a higher degree simply to earn more respect from their peers. Depending on the degree program, a graduate student may conduct research; receive specialized training; or simply expand his or her knowledge of a specific field of teaching.
Teacher Licensing and Certification
If you are planning on a career teaching within the Seaford DE public schools system, know that in the United States you will need to become licensed in Delaware or the State where you will be employed. On the contrary, most private schools do not require educators to become licensed or even certified. Licensing requirements vary by State, but typically includes passing one or more certification or skill based tests. In most States the Praxis exams are used for certification, but some States do require their own State specific exams instead. Each State also has continuing education or professional development requirements for teachers to renew their licenses.
Attending an Education Degree School in Seaford Delaware?
Perhaps you live near Seaford DE or have decided to relocate or commute to that area. Following is some interesting background information about the location of your new school campus.
Seaford is a city located along the Nanticoke River in Sussex County, Delaware. According to the 2010 Census Bureau figures, the population of the city is 6,928, an increase of 3.4% from the 2000 census. It is part of the Salisbury, Maryland-Delaware Metropolitan Statistical Area.
All land in current western and southern Sussex County was first settled as part of Maryland. Seaford, along with Bridgeville, Greenwood, Middleford, and others, were all part of Dorchester County in the Province of Maryland. Blades, Laurel, and Concord areas, on the other hand, were part of Somerset County. It is reported that an error in a map coordinate resulted in the east-west line of Delaware being from current Delmar to Fenwick. The original agreement had the eastwest line at the Cape Henlopen, not at the false cape. If the line had survived, Seaford would now be in Maryland. After many years in the courts of London, the boundary lines are as the surveyors Mason and Dixon defined in 1763.
Only 20 acres (81,000 m2) of land remain from the plantations original size of 1,400 acres (5.7 km2). There are many notable buildings on this property, you can find a granary, stable, smokehouse, corn cribs, and Delaware's only documented surviving slave quarters.
Questions to Ask Teacher Degree Programs
Prior to selecting a teacher degree program to enroll in, there are a few questions that you need to ask to ensure you pick the best one for your career objectives in Seaford DE. As we mentioned previously, the location of the school as well as the cost are important considerations when weighing your options, but they should not be the only ones you consider. Following are some additional questions that must be asked before making a final decision.
- Are the Schools and Programs Accredited? Graduating from an accredited teacher school not only provides an assurance that you have received a quality education, but may also be an asset when securing that first teaching position.
- Are the Programs Recognized by the Dept. of Education? In order to be a more sought after job candidate, make sure that the program you enroll in is recognized by the Delaware Department of Education, or by the State where you will be teaching.
- Do the Programs have High Employment Rates? Find out what percentage of graduates are employed in their field, particularly in their chosen specialty, and on average how soon after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Your Chosen Specialty? Naturally you will want to choose an education degree school that offers your chosen specialty. Make sure that it also offers advanced degrees if you are planning on continuing your education at the graduate level.
- Do the Programs Work with Local School Districts? Programs that work with local school districts afford their students more opportunities to secure student teaching positions. It also gives students an opportunity to showcase their talents locally prior to pursuing teaching positions upon graduation.
- Are Scholarships Offered? Find out if the programs you are interested in offer scholarships that can make your education more affordable and minimize the need for student loans.
- Do the Schools Provide Licensing Exam Preparation? Graduates must become State Certified and Licensed prior to accepting any public teaching positions. Make sure that the school you enroll in helps prepare you for the exams required by Delaware or the
State where you will be employed.
- Do the Schools Help Graduates Find Employment? Finally, once you graduate from teaching school you will no doubt be anxious to secure your first position. Find out if the schools have job assistance programs, including job placement and interview and resume preparation programs.
Enroll in the Right Education Degree Program near Seaford Delaware
Teaching is a rewarding profession that provides an opportunity for educators to help develop young minds for their betterment and future success. Having that kind of influence on adolescents and young adults is something that requires the proper education and training. Make sure that when you are reviewing your education degree options that you ask the right questions so that you can make an informed comparison and final decision. And once you have made your commitment and enrolled in a degree program, you can begin your journey to become a teacher in Seaford DE.
More Interesting Locations in Delaware
Business Results 1 - 10 of 18
Bing: Delaware Teacher Degrees Search results
Study of the U.S. Institutes | Exchange Programs
The Study of the U.S. Institutes promote a better understanding of the people, institutions, and culture of the United States among foreign students, teachers, and scholars. Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) are short-term academic programs for groups of undergraduate leaders, educators, and scholars from around the world.
Rutgers Today | Rutgers University
Danna Green said she feels empowered to help Camden parents who, like herself, have children with learning disabilities, after participating in Rutgers Summer Service Internship Initiative.
Programs of Study | Delaware Technical Community College
Delaware Technical Community College offers a wide variety of credit programs of study -- including a bachelor's degree, associate degrees, certificates and diplomas -- designed to prepare you for success in the world of work or to transfer credits to a four-year university. We also offer developmental and general education programs that provide you with the foundational skills necessary to be ...
Best Colleges for Education Majors in 2022 - Teacher Certification Degrees
At Teacher Certification Degrees, we strive to help potential teachers reach their educational goals by finding the teaching preparation school that is best for them. ... (Delaware, OH) Ohio Wesleyan University offers multiple undergraduate degrees in education, including early childhood education, middle childhood education, special education ...
PlayStation userbase "significantly larger" than Xbox even if every COD ...
Microsoft has responded to a list of concerns regarding its ongoing $68bn attempt to buy Activision Blizzard, as raised by the UK's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), and come up with an ...
Latest Breaking News, Headlines & Updates | National Post
Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Get information on latest national and international events & more.
CBS Pittsburgh - Breaking Local News, Weather & KDKA Investigations
State police searching for suspect that drove the wrong way on off-ramp, hit pedestrian during chase Police said Anthony Doria went the wrong way up an off-ramp, crossed through oncoming traffic ...
Fast Facts: Back-to-school statistics (372) - National Center for ...
Visit our Fast Fact on teacher trends to learn more about the teaching profession in the United States. Expenditures. How much was spent on PK–12 education in 2019–20? ... 2,038,000 bachelor's degrees; 843,000 master's degrees; 190,000 doctor's degrees; 1. For more information: NCES publishes a wide range of data on school enrollment ...
Welcome to Tribune Content Agency | Content Syndicate
CREATE A FOLLOWING Tribune Content Agency builds audience Our content engages millions of readers in 75 countries every day
U.S. News: Breaking News Photos, & Videos on the United States - NBC News
Find the latest U.S. news stories, photos, and videos on NBCNews.com. Read breaking headlines covering politics, economics, pop culture, and more.